moon? not moon?

time passes, there's no tick
there's no tock, from a digital clock

i wonder what my cat would look like without ears
a scrunchy tiger smiling bobble head
she nestles between my arms
as i lay on the couch, drowsy from eating
her head on my hand
eyes a little open

i remember going to best buy
they had lots of stuff
although nothing i really wanted
my friend was returning something
the transaction seemed to go smoothly
outside i was surprised once more how hot philadelphia was in september

once i dreamed i was the moon
and that all the world's lovers gazed up onto my serene yellow face
well, actually i didn't
but it would have been a charming metaphor
or maybe perhaps;
an allegory

time passes, i can hear it, my clock's analogue!
by Stefan Nesbitt

Copyright © 2004 & 2007 Ibrahim Mohamed! Inc. All rights reserved.e-mail:ibumohd@gmail.com

No comments: