Day #10 of My 10 Day Raw Food Challenge


Eating a raw vegan diet these past 10 days has been an overall amazing experience for me.  I would even go as far as to say life changing in some ways.  Making the food can be a little time consuming, but if you plan ahead you can make most of the food for the week ahead of time.  The one thing I recommend if you are going to go 100% raw is to plan out your food for the week. 

This journey to better health that I'm on has taken me down different paths.  I am filled with gratitude for a little raw food cafe that opened up near my home and a women I met at my local park a few years ago ( a raw foodist) for introducing me to this amazing way of eating.  It just makes sense to me.  When you cook your food it's dead.  When you eat it in the state it was provided by nature it's full of LIFE.  So when you eat foods that are full of life, you are full of life.

If you are not ready to eat a 100% diet that's ok!  Just increase the amounts of fresh raw foods you are eating!  Maybe try adding green smoothies to your diet.

I just want to touch on the most LOVING part of eating a raw vegan diet.  It feels so peaceful to know I didn't hurt any living thing when eating this way.  I think most of us are so detached to where our food comes from.  We go to the grocery store and the meat is packaged up all nice and neat for us.  I am not telling you not to ever eat meat again.  I am just asking that you STOP and THINK about where that meat came from.  I love this quote from Paul McCartney, "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian".  We teach our children to love and respect each other, what about teaching them to love and respect all God's creatures?  This is something I am doing a lot of soul searching on.  I know if my sweet 6 year old son Austin who loves animals knew that he was eating a cow, or a pig he would be very upset.  Most of us turn a blind eye to the pain and suffering of the animals that we consume.  Its easier to hold our hands over our ears and look away.  Don't look away.  Animals have feelings.  Don't your  pets have feelings?  Do you eat them?  Did you know that pigs are much more intelligent than dogs?  When you eat animals that have been slaughtered in horrific ways you are also eating the fear and the upset that the animal experienced before being killed.  It's just not good energy for  your body.  There is so much beautiful peaceful food out there in God's garden for us to eat that provides all our nutritional needs.  Contrary to what the dairy and meat industries want us to believe.  You don't need to eat meat for nutritional purposes.

For breakfast I started my day out with a delicious green smoothie made in my high speed blender
  •  Kale
  • Romaine
  • spinach
  • 1 pear
  • 1/2 orange
  • 1 banana
  • grapes
  • 2 cups of water
 green smoothie

For lunch I had Mexican balls with a Jalapeno-lime cream sauce.  Delicious and busting with flavors.  I will post this recipe soon!

raw vegan mexican balls

I had a scone with chocolate butter, jam and whipped topping.

raw vegan scone

I had a salad for dinner with ginger dressing and a sandwich made with sunflower bread, garlic mayo, avocado, and tomatoes.

Everything was raw/vegan

Copyright © 2004 & 2012 Ibrahim Mohamed! Inc. All rights reserved.e-mail:ibrahimmohd@gmail.com

No comments: